The role of the Head of Performance Marketing is to grow and define Engage’s paid media strategy. This involves actively developing content and engagement plans for our portfolio of sports clients, as well as overseeing all paid-for campaigns. This person will formulate organic and paid strategies for our clients and oversee their implementation on social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
This role requires an in-depth understanding of how our clients can best use content and paid for campaigns to drive their KPIs - whether it be brand awareness, increased participation, or selling tickets and subscriptions. The candidate will be able to blend editorial content, organic and paid distribution, and activate them across a number of sports disciplines and geographies.
It’s essential that the Head of Paid Media has broad knowledge of the digital media market and implementing activations ranging from engagement, participation, subscription conversion and retail sales. Reporting to the Commercial Director, this role plays a key role in leading our growing offering of paid media solutions - ultimately delivering a business plan against paid-for campaigns.
- As a senior leader you will work closely with all Engage’s departments, especially the Creative Development team and Project Leads
- Grow & manage the Paid Media team, identifying resources needs, nurturing employees’ progression and developing career plans for the team
- Managing the Paid Media team’s pipeline and workload, creating audits for current and potential clients to help formulate strategy
- Develop proposals and present paid media strategy for campaigns - advising both current and potential clients on their opportunities with paid media
- Implement and managing paid media campaigns, including budget management, new trends and reporting KPI performance back to clients
- Train and mentor other EDP staff in paid media strategy
- Attend industry events and research new trends to keep EDP ahead of the competition
- Collaborate with India & Australia performance teams to ensure best practice is being met across the business.
Key skills and knowledge:
- Excellent in-depth understanding of all relevant social media platforms - YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Extensive experience in media planning across multiple channels (social, display, search)
- Experience of social media strategy, KPIs and goals to increase a digital audience and engagement
- Has experience with new business acquisition, including pipelining, preparing go-to-market materials and pitching to potential new partners
- Experience working with clients in the Sports, Gaming and Esports industry
- Combination of strong social media knowledge, awareness of how to drive online engagement, and attention to detail and responsiveness
- In-depth understanding of digital marketing mix (social, mobile, email, content, SEO, paid, analytics) including performance measurement against campaign results
- Strong knowledge and experience of digital publishing software and techniques
- Well versed in presenting digital strategy and creative ideas to senior management level clients
- Identifying 3rd party technologies / tools that can be used to drive short and long term conversion
- Ensure deep consumer understanding underpins all strategic thinking
- 4+ years of experience of working with clients, managing relationships and delivering strategies
- Work flexible days, according to the appropriate sports-related calendar
- Able to perform under pressure and to work to tight timescales
- Be a good communicator with strong relationship management skills
- Salary dependent on experience